The Technology Behind Election 2012
(Photo by by nirots at FreeDigitalPhotos.net)
As the 2012 Election comes to a close, I thought it would be interesting to look back at the technology of the DNC and the RNC.
These two conventions used a network the size of a medium corporation to provide thousands of users instant access to the world.
Cisco Systems, Inc. stepped up to meet the challenge by providing a secure, reliable network including:
- Wireless connectivity for over 260,000 devices per day
- Over 70 miles of network data cabling and 50 miles of fiber
- Over 1,000 VOIP phones with video
- IT support for 2,286 delegates, 2,125 alternate delegates and 15,000 media
- A secure network with 100% uptime
According to Gary Willhite, Network Consulting Engineer, Cisco Systems - “...things change daily and we had to keep up with that. We were actually ahead of the game and we’re pretty proud of that.”